What would a summer camp be like without counselors? BORING! The’re happy, fun, spiritual, and good examples. If you are a current BYU student we would love to have you apply to be a summer counselor.
This is a full-time, overnight position. Counselors will supervise a group of 10–15 participants and will reside in the residence halls throughout the program. Housing and meals will be provided. You will assist with check-in and check-out, supervise evening activities, and teach nightly devotionals. Sunday evening hours will be required. Approximately 40 hours/week.
Each of our dedicated, enthusiastic counselors will be responsible to:
- Mentor a group of 10 to 15 youth for the weeklong camp, ensuring their physical and spiritual well-being.
- Regularly report to administrative staff about your specific stewardship.
- Be a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Teach youth in a variety of settings.
- Motivate and inspire; discipline when necessary.
As a representative of BYU, you will be required to:
- Be a member in good standing of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Have at least one year of college, or one year of work experience out of high school in a music-related field.
- Enjoy working with youth and feel comfortable in small group settings.
- Be organized, teachable, and dependable.
- Complete ALL mandatory training requirements.
- Abide by the BYU Honor Code.
“She was so awesome! You could tell she really cared and took time to give us a good experience.”
“I loved all of the counselors. I look up to them!”
“Seemed really down-to-earth and spiritually connected.”
“Encouraged me and helped me build my confidence.”